Home Insurance

You have worked hard to make your house a home and fill it with your most-prized possessions. Therefore, it makes sense to get the right insurance protection in place to not only insure the four walls of your property but also the contents within it. Here at CIC, our team of qualified and experienced staff offer a friendly service to help find a suitable, comprehensive home insurance policy that will give you complete peace of mind at a competitive premium.

The great benefit of buying home insurance through us is the service that we are able to offer if you ever need to make a claim. Unlike online insurance companies, our local office means we are accessible and here to support you at every stage of the process.

Buildings & Contents

Ensuring that you have the right cover for the property you own is vital. CIC works alongside a wide panel of household insurers meaning that we can find you a policy that perfectly suits your individual requirements. Whether it is for buildings, contents or both, we can arrange cover that is tailored to fit your needs.

Most of the insurance companies we have access to can extend cover to include accidental damage if required and the majority also give cover for your personal possessions (e.g. laptops, jewellery, mobile phones) anywhere in the world. Many of our market of insurers also tend to settle claims on a ‘new for old’ basis.

Second Homes

Whether you have a weekend home in the country or a seaside apartment, our expert team can help you make sure that you adequately covered for properties which are not your main residence. Unlike standard home insurance, we have access to insurers who can cover properties that are left unoccupied for long periods of time or rented out when you are not there. Our policies can provide cover for:

  • Buildings (includes garages, swimming pools)
  • Contents
  • Accidental damage
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Employer’s liability
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Loss of hiring fees

EU Holiday Homes

If you own an overseas property in Europe, we can provide the right cover for you. Whether it’s a holiday home for personal use or regularly let to holiday makers, our helpful team can provide the professional advice and guidance that you require. The policies that we offer can include cover for:

  • Buildings (including swimming pools, garages, outbuildings)
  • Contents
  • Trace & access cover
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Employer’s liability
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Alternative accommodation

Flood-Risk Homes

As our office is situated within the vicinity of the River Thames in Cookham, we have gained the experience and expertise of helping those whose homes have previously flooded or are at future risk of flooding. With access to a number of specialist insurers who work alongside experienced surveyors, our team can help you find a scheme that will grant cover for your home and contents even if you are located in a ‘high-risk’ area.

Non-Standard Properties

Having looked after the needs of a huge variety of clients over the years, our staff have tackled everything from the everyday to the extraordinary. Just because your home might have some non-standard features does not mean that it does not require the same levels of cover. Unlike many online insurers who will make exclusions on the policy or significant adjustments to the premium, we are here to help you find a bespoke policy that provides the best cover available. Examples include:

  • Subsidence
  • Heave
  • Thatched homes
  • Poor claims history
  • Properties undergoing renovation
  • Criminally convicted persons

Tenants’ Contents

When you rent out a property, the landlord will usually insure the building and any fixtures inside it as well as the contents they provide for you as part of the tenancy agreement. However, it is your responsibility to cover your own contents and any items you often take out of the house. CIC work with insurers who offer policies designed specifically for those who live in rented accommodation with the option to add-on bicycles, gadgets and accidental damage cover.

Home Legal Protection

This can usually be added on to your Home Insurance but we also offer it as a stand-alone policy. This covers you for £50,000 legal costs to defend you and your family against a range of circumstances including:

  • Employment disputes
  • Contract disputes
  • Property disputes
  • Tax disputes
  • Personal injury
  • Identity theft

We’re here to help

A member of our team will be happy to talk you through your insurance needs.

01628 531411

Request a call back

    For more information about any of these products, please do not hesitate to contact us here at CIC Insurance on 01628 531411 or email us

    Or request a call back

    Chris BrownHome Insurance