Travel insurance is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage and other losses incurred while travelling, either internationally or domestically.
It is particularly important if you want to ensure that you can afford medical care whilst abroad. Research has shown that the average cost for overseas medical treatment is £2,040, but this figure can be much higher in certain countries such as the USA.
Most policies will include cover for:
- Lost or stolen bags
- Emergency medical expenses
- The costs of cancelling, delaying or cutting your trip short (curtailment)
- Personal liability, in case you’re sued for damaging property or causing injury whilst away
We recommend that a Travel insurance policy is arranged at the time of booking to cover the duration of that trip. Likewise, you could also set up an “annual multi-trip” policy which covers an unlimited number of trips within a 12 month period.
With so many different types of holiday available nowadays, making sure that you have the right cover for your trip abroad is extremely important. Here at CIC, we have the facility to accommodate standard travel risks as well as more complex cases such as those with pre-existing medical conditions, over 65s and those partaking in dangerous activities (e.g. skiing, mountain climbing, scuba diving)
Our single-trip or annual multi-trip policies provide a wide range of cover including:
- £10 Million Emergency Medical & Treatment Expenses
- £5,000 Cancellation, Curtailment & Trip Cancellation
- £1,000 Missed Departure
- £5,000 Holiday Abandonment
- £2,500 Personal Effects & Baggage (Single Article Limit of £400 for Valuables)
- £500 Personal Money & Travel Documents
- Accidental Death & Disability Benefit
- £2 Million Personal Liability
- £25,000 Legal Expenses
Please feel free to give us a call for a quote or, if you would like to obtain a ‘quick quote’ please visit www.travelgo.co