Commercial Motor Insurance

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

For those companies who simply don’t have enough vehicles for a fleet policy, we have a panel of insurers available to us for individual vehicles from a small van up to a 44 tonne truck. We can look to provide cover for carriage of own goods OR hire & reward. With such a good relationship with many of the insurers, we have been able to negotiate brilliant deals with discounted premiums and enhanced levels of cover such as European driving and the possibility to also cover your tools.

Just some of the types of vehicles we can look to cover include:

  • Light vans up to 3.5T
  • Trucks
  • HGVs
  • Agricultural vehicles (e.g. tractors, diggers, fork-lift trucks)
  • Specialist vehicles (e.g. mobile food & drink retailers, vehicles carrying hazardous materials.

Motor Fleet Insurance

Motor Fleet insurance is essential for companies that run at least two company vehicles. Whether it is cars, vans or lorries, CIC has access to all of the major insurance markets in order to provide cover that is tailored to the size of the fleet and any combination of vehicles or usage. The benefits of this type of policy include:

  • All vehicles under one policy with the same renewal date which reduces the management time of your company car insurance policy
  • Business usage on all vehicles
  • Younger drivers can be included
  • Overall fleet discount across all the vehicles (No Claims Bonus not required)
  • Pro-rata additional premiums when vehicles added during the policy period
  • All claims managed and monitored by one insurer

Business Car Insurance

If you use your car for more than just domestic purposes and commuting, you will need to take out some form of business car policy. We can provide cover for those who regularly use their car in connection with work for a wide variety of trades and activities. Whether you drive hundreds of miles a week for business commitments or a colleague often takes your car to visit clients, CIC can tailor the right policy to suit you.

We also have agreements with several insurers who offer significant discounts for previous company-vehicle driving experience.

Minibus Insurance

We have plenty of experience covering private and contract hire minibuses with 9 to 16 passenger seats. We specialise in educational establishments, charities, not for profit associations and community transport. Our policies can offer some of the following inclusions:

  • Commercial use
  • Social, domestic and pleasure use
  • £5 million liability for property damage
  • Breakdown cover
  • Personal accident cover for driver
  • Windscreen cover
  • Choice of comprehensive, third party fire & theft or third party only cover

Motor Trade Insurance

Although the motor trade insurance market is quite limited these days, we can still help tailor a policy to your individual needs whilst saving you money at the same time. Our team are well experienced in this area and have access to a range of insurances so we can cover your vehicles and business premises all under one combined policy. You can choose from policy covers including material damage, business interruption, money & assault, road risks and liability cover. We can assist in the following specialist areas:

  • Body shops
  • New and used sales
  • Tyre fitters
  • Mechanical/servicing/MOT

Goods in Transit

Goods in transit insurance is designed to protect drivers or companies who regularly use their vehicle to transport goods, tools and materials in connection with their business. Whether you are carrying goods for a client or you deliver your own, we appreciate that the reputation of your business is of paramount importance. Therefore, we can help you find a policy that can provide the peace of mind of knowing that your or your customer’s materials, goods or cargo will be covered if they are lost, damaged or stolen in transit.

Chris BrownCommercial Motor Insurance