We’re here to help

A member of our team will be happy to talk you through your insurance needs.

01628 531411

Request a call back

    Commercial Insurance

    Here at CIC, commercial insurance is our specialty and we have many years of experience protecting clients’ businesses against every possible disaster. Our long-standing reputation with insurance providers and underwriters allows us access to a variety of insurance markets. We can provide you with all forms of cover from Commercial Combined packages to Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers, at the most competitive terms.

    No matter what type of business you run, we feel that it is vital that we understand exactly what you do and the commercial risks involved. We firmly believe that face to face meetings are best where possible to work closely with you and take the time to establish your insurance needs. It doesn’t stop there either; we try to meet as many of our clients on their own business premises on an ongoing basis.  This is so that we can work with you in helping keeping premiums down, developing risk management strategies and assisting you with the handling of claims.

    • Commercial Combined
    • Commercial Property
    • Commercial Vehicles
    • Contractors All Risk
    • Directors & Officers
    • Employers Liability
    • Engineering
    • Professional Indemnity
    • Public Liability

    Liability Insurance

    Whether you are a builder, plumber, baker or landscape gardener and deal with customers and/or employ staff, you will need to consider the following policies:

    Employers Liability – This is a compulsory legal requirement if one or more members of staff is employed by your company. It covers you for any sum which you may be legally liable to pay to any employees in respect of illness, injury, disease or death caused during employment.

    Public Liability – Although this might not be a compulsory requirement, it covers legal liabilities in respect of claims made by members of the public or other companies for injuries suffered or property damaged arising out of your business activities.

    We have widespread expertise and experience in this area so we can design you a bespoke policy to suit your needs and occupation.

    Commercial Combined

    Sometimes it simply makes sense to consider combining all of your company’s insurance requirements under one policy. We have access to a wide range of insurers (including Lloyds markets) which enables us to be very flexible and tailor a policy that meets all the risks associated with the running of your business – from the processes you use and premises you work from to the goods you buy or sell. Our objective is to provide financial protection for your company and minimise any disruption that might arise.

    These policies can include cover for:

    • Buildings
    • Contents
    • Plant, Machinery and Business Equipment
    • Business Interruption
    • Money
    • Public & Employers Liability
    • Goods in Transit
    • Terrorism

    Property Owners

    Property Owners Insurance is another of our specialist areas at CIC and our qualified team of staff are on hand to find you the right cover at the right price. From a small residential buy-to-let to a large portfolio of commercial properties with high sums insured per location, we have a wide range of markets available to us, meaning we can place virtually any risk.

    We specialise in:

    • All types of residential properties
    • All types of commercial properties
    • Non-standard construction
    • High risk areas
    • Unoccupied premises
    • Properties undergoing renovation/refurbishment

    Click the ‘Find Out More’ button for further details of the variety of properties we can look to accommodate.

    Professional Indemnity

    Modern reliance upon services provided by others has increased the scope of the term ‘professional’ to include a far wider range of occupations.

    Of course, no business ever intends to act negligently or make a mistake but occasionally things do go wrong. Professional Indemnity insurance (or PI Insurance) can protect your company if claims are brought against you by a client due to a problem with work you have done for them or advice you have given. In an ever-increasingly litigious world, this type of protection is essential for any business that provides professional advice or service.

    We have been assisting clients with these types of polices for many years so we are confident we can find the right cover for your business.

    Our areas of expertise include:

    • Architects
    • Accountants
    • Estate Agents
    • Builders
    • Surveyors
    • Management Consultants

    Directors and Officers

    Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O) tends to be the area of cover that businesses most often overlook. In the litigious society that we live in nowadays and the increase in company regulation, it is vital that company directors, senior managers, boards or committees are properly protected against liabilities which might be incurred as a result or their professional negligence or breach of duty or trust.

    There are a number of situations where an incident may occur and a shareholder, employee, regulator, customer, supplier or anyone else might look to pursue an individual personally rather than the company.

    Here at CIC, we can help provide you with a policy that offers comprehensive protection against the cost of:

    • Damages, judgements and settlements
    • Legal representation
    • Tax contributions due after insolvency
    • Defending actions between directors of the same company
    • Defending employment-related wrongful acts (e.g. racial & sex discrimination)

    Commercial Motor

    At CIC, we can help you find comprehensive cover for anything from a single company car or van right through to a huge fleet consisting of a multitude of different types of vehicles. With access to an extensive panel of motor commercial motor insurers, we can tailor a policy that suits your exact requirements at a competitive premium.

    Types of policies we offer include:

    • Business Cars
    • Goods-Carrying Vehicles
    • Truck
    • Motor Fleet (3+ vehicles)
    • Minibus
    • Motor Trade
    • Goods in Transit

    Click the ‘Find Out More’ button for many more details of the cover that we can provide for your vehicles.

    Contractors’ All Risks

    Whenever there is the construction of buildings or civil works, there is inevitably a risk of loss or damage. With access to a wide variety of insurance markets, our friendly and experienced staff can tailor a Contractors’ All Risks (CAR) policy to make sure that your responsibilities as a contractor on site are fully covered.

    This can include cover for:

    • ‘All Risks’ protections for materials usually referred to as ‘contract works’
    • Owned & hired-in contractors’ plant and machinery
    • Transit to or from the contract site
    • Employees’ personal tools and effects


    Engineering industries are subject to many potential risks that could cripple your business, which is why we are here to help you make sure that you are adequately insured. Whatever the size of your company, it is essential that you have the right cover in place to protect against things such as damage or theft of your plant, equipment, tools and plant, and injury to one of your contractors or a member of the public.

    We can work with you to ascertain the possible risks you face and design a bespoke policy underwritten by one of the leading UK insurers to provide you with the peace of mind for any eventuality.

    The types of policies we have access to include cover for:

    • Plant (owned and/or hired-in)
    • Contract works machinery
    • Machinery movement
    • Computer

    We can also arrange inspection polices to ensure the safety of your plant and machinery is maintained. We deal with insurers who are dedicated to understanding your business and keeping your workspaces safe and compliant. This can include lift and lifting equipment, pressure plant and electrical installations.


    Office Insurance is a cost-effective means of combining protection for your office contents and essential liabilities. We have been arranging this type of policy for all types of business for several decades so have access to insurers who truly understand the issues that affect you and your business, whatever the size. The policy covers risks such as theft, fire, water damage and even contents that are temporarily away from the workplace.

    We can tailor a policy to suit the specific insurance that you require, with just some of the following possible inclusions:

    • Office contents
    • Computer equipment
    • Public, employers and products liability
    • Business interruption
    • Legal expenses
    • Personal accident
    • Terrorism
    • Tenant improvements
    • Goods in transit


    Whatever the nature of your retail business, our experienced team of staff work alongside a carefully selected panel of top UK insurers who can fully understand your shop environment. We appreciate that every retailer is different so we will take the time to tailor a policy to your exact requirements and give you the peace of mind you need, allowing you to concentrate on the commercial aspects of running a shop.

    Our policies can offer:

    • Buildings and contents cover (including accidental damage)
    • Public and employers liability
    • Products liability
    • Property owners’ liability
    • Business interruption
    • Theft of money
    • Goods in transit
    • Seasonal increase in stock

    Not sure what insurance cover you need?

    Call our helpful team for advice… 01628 531411

    Chris BrownCommercial Insurance