Property Owners

Residential Property Owners

We have a vast amount of experience dealing with residential landlords and making sure that their assets are fully protected. With more people in the UK now investing in ‘buy to let’ properties than ever before, we are here to help you find the best deal available in terms of both cover and premium.

As well as standard residential properties let to professional people, we can also cater for DSS tenants and student lets.

The policies we offer can include:

  • Landlord’s contents
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Malicious damage caused by tenants
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Loss of rent
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Employers’ liability

Commercial Property Owners

Whether you rent out offices, shops, warehouse, factories or surgeries for commercial use, we can offer you very competitive and comprehensive policies for one or more properties. Our specialist team of staff can also tailor a policy for those who have a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential buildings.

Just some of the policy inclusions are:

  • Landlord’s contents (including communal areas)
  • Property owners’ liability
  • Underground pipe and cable cover
  • Trace and access over
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Terrorism cover
  • Subsidence

Unoccupied Properties

Whether used for commercial or residential purposes, an empty property is ultimately at a far greater risk. Obtaining Unoccupied Property Insurance can be a minefield but we can help to make this process a lot easier. With our carefully selected panel of top insurers, we can provide cover for the following (and more):

  • Unoccupied properties pending sale (flexible 3 or 6 month policies available)
  • Properties undergoing minor or major renovation/extension/refurbishment
  • Non-standard properties
  • Unoccupied properties pending planning permission
  • Properties in between tenants
  • Properties in the probate process when the owner is deceased

Rent Guarantee

If you are a landlord and wish to protect your rental income, you will need rent guarantee insurance. In the current climate, many landlords are discovering that default rates are soaring as tenants struggle with unemployment and an increase in the cost of day-to-day living.

Recovering arrears can be costly and sometimes extremely difficult, with no guarantee or success or repayment.

Here at CIC, our policies will cover you against your tenant defaulting or failing to pay the rent. We can offer flexible policies meaning you can select the length of cover you need to match your rental agreement.

The costs are as follows:

  • 6 Month Policy only = £65.70
  • 12 Month Policy only = £101.84

The key features of this policy include:

  • Rent arrears covered up to £50,000
  • Legal Expenses covered up to £50,000
  • No excess to pay
  • All tenant types accepted
Chris BrownProperty Owners